An Improvement to Any Electrical Maintenance Program
The ECAD System 2002 is a portable, ruggedized tester that can be used for troubleshooting and condition monitoring of installed circuits, cables and wiring harness. The ECAD tester is a combination of traditional electrical measurements, a database for storing test results, and data analysis software. This powerful combination allows a user to evaluate the condition of all circuit components in a logical and straightforward manner from one end of the circuit.
“The ECAD is an Important Tool in Any Electrical Maintenance Program”
System Features & Benefits
- Basic configuration performs the following measurements:
- DC resistance (2-wire configuration, 0 Ω to 30 MΩ)
- AC/DC voltage (0 to 330 VAC/VDC)
- Impedance and Phase Angle (100 Hz to 40 kHz)
- TDR (for circuits up to 1.5 km in length)
- Insulation resistance (up to 500 VDC)
- Optional hardware can be easily added, including:
- Standalone high voltage power supply and picoammeter for detector plateau characterization (I-V testing) for PWR applications
- Integrated source measurement unit for detector plateau characterization in BWR applications.
- Integrated switch matrix and multiplexers for automatic testing of large numbers of conductors or circuits
- Connector break-out boxes and hardware
- Customized adapter cables
- ECAD test results can be used to identify and locate degraded or failed conditions within circuits, including:
- Open or short-circuited conductors
- Low resistance shunts to ground
- Poorly quality connections
- Resistive connections
- Grounded conditions
- Poorly matched coaxial or triaxial connections
- Moisture intrusion
- Brittle or cracked cable insulation
The ECAD System 2002 is being used extensively throughout the commercial nuclear power industry for a variety of applications, including:
- Monitoring instrumentation during Integrated Leak Rate Testing (ILRT) to determine which circuit component is being impacted by the increased pressure
- Performing I-V characterizations of nuclear instrumentation detectors to support a condition-based replacement strategy
- Testing cables for license extension commitments to the NRC
- Evaluating Control Rod Drive (CRD) components during refueling outages to monitor aging effects on the coils, cables, and connectors.
- Provide an assessment of the Rod Position Indication (RPI) and CRD components to determine if these parts can re-used during a reactor head replacement.
- Monitoring the condition of pressurizer heater elements for aging effects
All the above applications save time and money compared to traditional or alternative test methods.